Tuesday, February 12, 2008

PR Monster?

Perhaps the most convenient way to get connected and educated about all the ins and outs of the growing trends in online communication is PRWeb.com (www.prweb,com), a press release news wire that, according to its website, “grab(s) attention, build(s) traffic and boost(s) business.” It is also the “recognized leader in online news and press release distribution, serving over 40,000 customers worldwide.” Public relations professionals can submit a press release for their client, add a myriad of tech-savvy and attention-grabbing features and view an online tutorial for free.

Before I logged on to this site, I must admit I had no clue as to what a “tech cloud” or a “technorati tag” was. Now it all makes sense…well, mostly. In addition to beefing up my tech-vocabulary, I now see the parallels between press-release news wires like PRWeb and popular networking sites for job and resume posting, such as Monster.com, that have been around for several years. Not exactly a new concept, but it’s definitely new in terms of its application to public relations. In fact, it makes e-mail pitches look downright archaic.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Very interesting! I will have to visit this site because I will be honest, I have never heard of it. I like it!